Once full payment has been made that will be acknowledged legally by Story Parties as acceptance that the terms and conditions have been read and accepted.
1. Our entertainers bring a sign off sheet to the party.
Once signed the client has no right to complain, or make negative reviews about the company. If there is an issue with an entertainer this must be raised while the entertainer is at the party and before they depart by calling the agency booker you booked and with the entertainer should be present to discuss. Failure to do so will invalidate any complaint.
2. Should the sign off sheet not be signed and there be any complaint (after calling the agency to report this while the entertainer is present) it must be then put in writing by email to email@example.com (not initially by text or phone) and we will respond within 24 hours from receipt of the email.
3. Once a deposit is made, it will not be refunded if our services are cancelled less than 4 weeks before the date of the party.
4. If you cancel more than 4 weeks in advance, we can refund your deposit but a £50 admin fee applies.
6. If you wish to cancel any party, notice must be given in writing and you must have received an email to firstname.lastname@example.org acknowledgment back. Please note we cannot accept messages left on voice mail as notification.
7. In the event of extreme weather conditions, then you can cancel our services and get a full refund on the deposit but only if your entertainer is unable to get to the party. If the entertainer is able to get to the party and you still cancel but the deposit is non refundable but it is transferable.
8. All of our entertainers are freelancers and have public liability insurance and where required a DBS check.
9. Please note, for safety reasons, at least one other adult, in addition to the entertainer, must be present the whole time the entertainment is running and that is the responsibility of the person booking the party. They must be present should they be needed in the event of an accident arising. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure this happens. At no point should the entertainer be with children alone and that is the clients responsibility
10. We retain the right not to conduct certain activities if we feel the children are not responding appropriately, or are too riotous and therefore we deem it unsuitable to conduct certain activities at the party for either safety or other reasons.
11. If there are not at least 2 adults present we retain the right not to conduct certain activities but still charge.
12. Whilst our parties have a set structure, they will vary according to the entertainer taking the party and are given only as a guideline.
Booking our Services
13. Please note that a party is not booked and confirmed until a deposit has been paid to Story Parties.
14. Please note that we cannot offer to guarantee to provide a specific entertainer for any party but will endeavor to supply closely to your required theme and requirement. This includes but is not limited to being unable to provide an entertainer/s based on their gender, age, ethnicity, or religion.
15. We reserve the right to refuse a booking or to cancel an existing booking for any reason. This includes but is not limited to if a customer is abusive or threatening in some way, or we feel a booking might put an entertainer in a dangerous, inappropriate or uncomfortable position.
16. Please note we do not respond to texts or emails after 7pm until 8.30am
17. Unless you have already paid the balance in full, the remaining balance for the entertainment must always be paid seven days in advance. It the payment has not been received we cannot guarantee your booking and the deposit WILL NOT be returned.
18. Please note Story Parties does not take responsibility for children causing damage to a venue or any property that the party is held in. This includes, but is not limited to a home, hired venue or public area.
19. Please note that all of our party packages are appropriate to the age of the children outlined on our website. You should be aware that the activities will not be appropriate for children outside the specified age range. If you have younger children attending the party we would ask that you please ensure that either the parent or an adult supervisor is there to look after them and prevent them from disrupting the show. This is particularly important.
20. By booking a party with Story Parties Ltd you understand that you release us from any liability associated with accidents of any kind. This includes but is not limited to accidents occurring to any adults or children. You also release Story Parties Ltd from any liability associated with accidents or damage caused to furniture, fixtures or fitting or property of any kind not belonging to that of Story Parties Ltd.
21. In the unlikely event that refunds or compensation is requested, you accept that any refunds or compensation given, will be limited to the total value of the cost of hiring our services less direct costs.
22. If parties are held anywhere other than your home, we will assume that you have either hired the hall or had permission to use the space, and have deemed the space suitable and safe to use for the types of activities being provided by Story Parties.
23. Please note that, although it is extremely unlikely to happen, we reserve the right to cancel a party at any time, either before or during the party. This may include, but is not limited to, cancelling a party if we deem the venue to be unsuitable or if we feel that there are circumstances present of any kind that would be unsuitable to run a party.
On rare occasions your entertainer can change at the last minute due to unforseen circumstances. Party bookings are not made on the basis of specific entertainers, or specific gender.
24. All parties are exclusive to Story Parties Ltd and all material is copyrighted and the property of Story Parties Ltd.
What we need to conduct the entertainment:
25. We will need access to electricity. Usually if the party is indoors this will be no problem. If your party is outside we would ask you to ensure there is access to electricity. If you are using extension cables/leads for outside then please ensure the cables are running along completely dry ground and they are not in contact with any wet or damp surfaces.
26. We cannot be responsible for not being able to provide activities that require electricity, due to power failures or tripped circuits at the venue we are operating in.
27. During the party the customer must ensure at least 1 adult is present in the same room for the entire duration of the entertainment. This is in case accidents should occur or children need to go to the toilet. We regret, for safety and insurance reasons, we cannot conduct the entertainment unless at least one adult is present in the room the entire time.
28. During our parties we ask that no food or drink is provided during the actual entertainment that might distract children from the entertainment whilst it is happening. E.g. buffet food out on a table for children to access. Again, this is particularly important.
29. By paying your deposit it is deemed as your accepting these terms and conditions.
The Story Parties Team